Saturday, August 28, 2010

WNYBAC

I have recently moved to the Buffalo area as part of my efforts to get into graduate school (now for library science). In looking for ways to keep my hands in the book arts, I came across the Western New York Book Arts Collaborative. I am going to start interning there next week and the focus of my blog will shift slightly from conservation. I still have some images from Syracuse University to post, and I plan to post occasional conservation work. However, my duties at the WNYBAC will focus more on cataloging the organization's library, zine collection and type face. I will also be helping with exhibitions and possibly assisting in the print studio. This internship will allow me to take courses at a discounted rate and gain access to the tools, paper, etc. I will also have the opportunity to teach workshops in the spring.
I am really excited about this. And because my posts will be including more variety, I am changing the title of my blog to "Book In Hand." It's vague, but I think that kind of title works better for a blog that will now encompass several areas of the book arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment